'Alladin' USB Dongle Driver

I've successfully installed the Student Version of V11 on a Windows XP machine. After rebooting the machine, Vectorworks is not starting and the message indicates that the dongle is not present (although it is plugged in). After checking XP Systems/Hardware, the device shows up but XP cannot find the driver. Anyone know where the driver is so I can point XP to it?

[Confused]

I just went through the same problem just this weekend...I posted the question. As incredibly helpful as it is I didn't expect a lot of action from this board Sat/Sun, so I solved the problem myself eventually and erased the thread/question. I should have answered my own question on the thread for others benefit I guess.

In my case I had been using the dongle and suddenly it stopped working.

Here's what I did (not saying this is the best...just the way I handled it).

The installation CD has a folder called "Network Licensing Software". In this folder is an app called "Dongle Driver Setup" I ran this program...no luck.

I noticed when I ran the program it listed both the version of files it wished to install and the versions that were on the computer (in my case it was trying to install earlier versions).

I wrote down, found and deleted the files it listed on my computer. I went to the device manager (control panel...system...hardware) and uninstalled the device. I now assumed I was clean. I reinstalled VW and I was fine.

Now, if the Dongle Device Driver app will install newer (or at least up-to-date) versions of the files, that step may solve your problem.

Best wishes.

JB

[ 01-17-2005, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: ThinAirDesigns ]