Help connecting Vision to ETC nomad on the same machine

Hi all,

I am a college student who recently downloaded the demo version of vision for students. I am trying to test it out with the default file and ETC's Nomad software on the same machine, a MacBook Pro running high sierra. I am coming into an issue where none of the lights are responding to DMX commands from the software. I thought at first that i had just not connected the nomad softare to vision properly. However, when I check the DMX viewer it says that it is receiving the correct data but no lights are turning on.  I'm sure that I am just making a simple error but I would really love to be able to use vision for my next project. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks a ton!

Kyle

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 2.15.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 2.16.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 2.16.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 2.16.57 PM.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hey Kyle, in your nomad, enable sACN, and uncheck default, then disable it. That is a good first step.

Next, if you select the lights in the scene graph under root, do they turn on? 

Also, I noticed you were using an older version of Vision, go to Vision>About Vision. Whats the version number there?

Honestly though, the best fix would be to just use 2019, it's better in every way - by leaps and bounds. You can find the installer here:

That link will work as the demo or full version.