Wesley Burrows

Adjust Braceworks Distributed Loads w/ Reshape Tool

Question

I wish you could reshape distributed loads with the reshape tool rather than trying to edit the path which won't allow you to see the underlying objects to snap your adjustments to.

2 answers to this question

@Wesley Burrows  Hey Wesley, I haven't used Braceworks but out of curiosity, have you tried using the following settings under Vectorworks Preferences which allow you to see other objects while in editing modes?

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 2.54.06 PM.png

I actually use a script to toggle it off and on depending on what I'm doing but for example:   

Base Setup:  (3 - 10' Tomcat Bolted Truss Pieces w/ a Distributed Load running the length of)

image.thumb.png.a8eed783101d6b97b788e5826d92f87a.png

If I double click to edit the load,  choose path,   it shows this when the show other objects during editing preference checked (by default):

image.thumb.png.cd450cff3e9a702eb292171b388f4d4f.png

It shows this with the same settings but in a top/plan view:

image.thumb.png.cb43decbe8a50dc19a2b0b8a9954a570.png

And if I toggle the preference off it shows this (just a line):

image.thumb.png.f85d681215f7661db00ea8a4f430bd5d.png

giving me no reference to downsize it and snap to a different truss location.   It would be amazing if it had reshape handles to remove/change/add vertices in the design layer.   I currently have to delete and redraw them when things change.

Edited by Wesley Burrows