Custom menu limitations

I can't find this limitation described or alluded to in the documentation, but I seem to have run up against it...

When using the Workspace Editor, it appears as though there is not complete flexibility regarding menu items. It appears that some menu items are 'groups' and must remain as such. In other words, say under "Render - Renderworks", I must display all of those options in my custom menu (including "Artistic Renderworks", which I never use) rather than just the ones I wish to to display.

Just checking to see if this is an actual limitation rather than simply another case of me just not knowing the proper procedures.

Thanks

JB

Hi Peter and thanks for your response.

Perhaps this is a difference between Mac and Windows. If I select "Artistic RenderWorks" as you describe, it highlights 6 additional menu items including:

Fast RenderWorks

Fast RenderWorks with Shadows

Final Quality RenderWorks

Custom RenderWorks

Custom RenderWorks Options

Artistic RenderWorks Options

These 7 items can only be added or deleted as a group.

This behavior holds true for a large number of menu items that seem to be grouped and can only be customized as such.

If this is a difference between Mac and Windows, consider yourself lucky (yet again).

JB

[ 01-16-2005, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: ThinAirDesigns ]

Ok, I am butting heads apparently with another limitation here regarding custom menus...

I can create my own 1st-gen menu item (don't know the official term, but the ones visible across the top of the screen).

I can create my own 2nd-gen menu item (the ones that become visible when the 1st-gen menu is activated)

I cannot seem to figure out how to create a 3rd-gen menu item -- a submenu to a 2nd-gen variety.

Since I can find nothing in the documentation relating to this, nor to my earlier question, could someone from NNA confirm this behavior or share what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

JB

Peter, I have navigated various Windows Apps where there were none of these limitations so I'm sure it's not native to Win.

With VW for Win, I can do functionally what you describe, but only one layer deep, then it will not allow it any deeper and places all menus at the same level.

Again, these are minor limitations that I can live with quite nicely...just want to make sure that I'm not missing something.

Thanks again and looking forward for some quick input from NNA.

JB