Slow printing after 2018 SP5

AtoZ

Question

Has anyone else experienced extreme slowness when using the print command after installing the service pack? The dialog box takes forever to appear, slows when you are trying to make changes, then when you hit print it just hangs for minutes for even a small job to get into your print queue...

Is there a way to revert to service pack 4?

Thanks,

4 answers to this question

16 hours ago, AtoZ said:

Is there a way to revert to service pack 4?

This is worrying. Seems anything issued recently is one step forward and (fill in what you want!) steps back.

I'm sticking where I am - both VW and MacOS. I can't afford to play Russian roulette with my choice of upgrades. It's my income VW is playing with.

Shouldn't be like this!!!!

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
22 hours ago, AtoZ said:

Has anyone else experienced extreme slowness when using the print command after installing the service pack? The dialog box takes forever to appear, slows when you are trying to make changes, then when you hit print it just hangs for minutes for even a small job to get into your print queue...

This thread was split away for troubleshooting. 

Are you on Mac or Windows? What OS version? This is sp2018 SP5, build 461124 when you check About Vectorworks?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Just now, AtoZ said:

@Jim Wilson Yes, correct build on Mac 10.12.6. Should I try SP 5.1 although I'm not running Mojave?

If thats the build you have, then you're good to go and you already have 5.1. It wont say SP5.1 on the About page, just SP5.

First, close Vectorworks and any other applications that you have printed with before, then restart the machine. Without launching any applications, open up system preferences and remove that printer. Re add it, and let macOS install its desired drivers. Launch Vectorworks and then first, see if the print dialog has the same delay, then select that printer and see if you get the delay in actual printing as well. If you still get either delay, reply back with the following from your machine please: