Spotlight 2019 Windows 10 / Performance Issues

bhorv1967

Question

I feel like 2019 has taken a major step backwards. I've been a VWX user since 2004. Can't recall how many versions I've been through, but 2019 to me is almost unusable. 

I've gone back to using 2018 as that version was much more fluid, responsive and just worked. 

I'm on a fairly high spec laptop (i7 8 core laptop and an i7 12 core desktop). I can create the same drawing in both 2019 and 2018 and there's a noticeable drop in general performance in 2019. 

A big part of my (and others at this company) work is design using acad/dwg templates of large, complex room spaces. 2019 slows to a crawl in this environment. Just manipulating simple objects takes several seconds for the program to respond. I get black screens often while it's 'thinking'. I can watch the OIP redraw itself when I make a change to a field. 

One specific issue that is making me nuts:

Class drop down menu - how can I expand all the sub-classes? I get it, there's a new way to search for classes by typing in the name, but that takes longer. I'd rather use the 2018 method of just selecting it with the mouse. Each time I open the class drop down, all the sub-classes are minimized or un-expanded. I have to then click through them all to get to what I'm looking for - EVERY TIME!!.

Same with the class drop down in the OIP. Is there a setting to permanently expand all the sub-classes? THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING!!!

What is being done to improve performance (and why was it changed)? Company-wide we've held off migrating everyone to 2019 because of this issue. 

1 answer to this question