Student License Not Activating

Hello. I recently received this message from your Acedemic Team:

"We know you're busy, but to continue using Vectorworks, we need your proof of enrollment or academic employment. Please submit your proof of enrollment as soon as possible."

So I provided this and it seems my account is active, but when I open Vectorworks a window pops up saying that "Vectorworks cannot be activated because your software license has expired". I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions how to deal with this issue?

Thanks,

C Patel

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 minutes ago, C Patel said:

Hello. I recently received this message from your Acedemic Team:

"We know you're busy, but to continue using Vectorworks, we need your proof of enrollment or academic employment. Please submit your proof of enrollment as soon as possible."

So I provided this and it seems my account is active, but when I open Vectorworks a window pops up saying that "Vectorworks cannot be activated because your software license has expired". I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions how to deal with this issue?

Thanks,

C Patel

You should now be good to go, let me know if it gives you any further trouble.

• Like 1

Hi there, I'm having the same issue! I've provided my proof of enrolment, and the software has been working for the past month, however today I tried to open Vectorworks and the same "Vectorworks cannot be activated because your software license has expired" message appears.

Not sure what the issue is?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, WillF said:

Hi there, I'm having the same issue! I've provided my proof of enrolment, and the software has been working for the past month, however today I tried to open Vectorworks and the same "Vectorworks cannot be activated because your software license has expired" message appears.

Not sure what the issue is?

Thanks

Looks like there was some odd duplicate request in the background, I have cleared it and you should now be able to work as expected.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there, I am having a similar issue whereby I have updated my license but when it comes to activating, the program is stating "An attempt to activate over the Internet has failed because of communications problems." What should I do to solve this?

Thanks

On 2/21/2019 at 7:46 AM, MegQ said:

Hi there, I am having a similar issue whereby I have updated my license but when it comes to activating, the program is stating "An attempt to activate over the Internet has failed because of communications problems." What should I do to solve this?

Thanks

Normally disabling your local firewall will do the trick, if you are on a university wifi or network you cant control, sometimes activating on another network can be the fastest way around the problem. If it still fails however, contact tech@vectorworks.net directly and they can take a look.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Could someone please help me I’m having the same issue! Tried to re install and continue using after the license expired and got the same activation message! 

My student information is up to date and I’m a student until 2020, but when I click activate it doesn’t renew the license and says to contact vectorworks.... 

17EAAC23-3EDF-4635-83AA-DEF295749A74.jpeg

Edited by holly_brookes
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I've just encountered the same issue as I did last year (I started this discussion thread due to activation issue).

Keep getting that same message "Vectorworks cannot be activated because your software license has expired".

Appreciate any help in dealing with the issue again,

Thanks,

C Patel

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...