Duplicate along path

Hi

using VW 10.5.1 I have created a symbol of a metal bar which I want to duplicate at 150mm centres along the top of a curving wall ... curving in plan and elevation

I created a 3D poly that follows the path of the top of the wall but how do I get the 3D symbols to duplicate along the poly using the duplicate along path tool to work with a 3D poly ..... when I duplicate in plan it follows the plan of the 3D poly exactly ('X' & 'Y') but when I go to front view the objects are all at the same level and have not followed the 'Z' ..... and when I try the same operation in isometric the objects are just placed seeming at random

any help greatfully received

Klaus

VW 10.5.1

Mac OS 10.3.7

[ 01-14-2005, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: klaus ]

Klaus try the following:

- Use Circular Array to get them in the correct locations in Plan View.

- Go to a Front or Side View

- Select the last one and move it to the required Z height.

- Select all of them and use Align/Distribute to get them to equal Z heights apart.

NB: I have assumed your wall rise is consistant over its length.

Thanks Mike but this wont work cos the wall goes up and down with no particular patten .... the work around I have found is to export to VW8.0.1, make a DTM of the top of the wall and then 'float objects' after using the 'duplicate along path' tool in plan .... works great !!!