Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Save File As

LauRum

I made a dialog were the User should push a button an browse for the desired folder and can type in the name of the file he wants to save. Is there something like a standard 'Save As Dialog' i can use that will return path and/or filename? I tried GetFileN but it'll only find existing files.

thank you in advance!

Thanks! That's what I was looking for.  vs.PutFile(commentStr, defaultStr): return fileName    returns a complete Path. Is there a known reason why i can't use   vs.SaveActiveDocument(filePath):  with this Path?  I know I can't use SaveActiveDocument inside the Dialog, so I've put this line in the Main part, after the dialog is closed with OK.

Hello, speaking about SaveActiveDocument, this is from my own notes from VW 12 (now is 24, so it was 12 versions ago):

It corresponds to "save as" but without dialog. Saving on the same file path name doesn't work (returns -1), only if the file path is different (returns 0).