Jeremiah Russell

Segment top windows and custom windows

Question

There are a lot of historic buildings in the world. Many of them built prior to the 1960s had windows that were arched or segment top frame with a flat top sash. Many of them were also double in the same configuration (i.e. two windows side by side with a center mullion). It would be great if the transom could be removed from the arch and segment top window types.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

I agree.  I recently came across this exact issue.  Even when trying to create a custom window, as soon as there are two side by side with a centre mullion, it invokes the transom.

Rob

It's annoying. I can't fathom what the reason would be. If you can make a half segment window, why can't you make two half segments in the same frame without a transom? *rolls eyes*

28 minutes ago, Jeremiah Russell said:

It's annoying. I can't fathom what the reason would be. If you can make a half segment window, why can't you make two half segments in the same frame without a transom? *rolls eyes*

Trust me, you're not the only one annoyed. The window tool is so close to being a mature tool, but it hardly ever gets any love each release cycle.

@Jeremiah Russell Could you post that 2D version of the window you showed me early, so that this request had the appropriate visual aids? It would also be great to see a photograph of one of these windows in real life. Thanks!

• Like 1