Wall End Cap

BG

Hi.  Can anyone tell me how to add a wall end cap without a rogue line appearing?  See image attached.  The rogue line appears in a hidden line render in 3D which is unwanted.  It may be user error but I have tried using the various modes of the tool.

Thanks.

Wall End Cap.jpg

Guest Wes Gardner

Yes, it's a one-step process...it is probably in your wall style (see example below) where you can choose if the component is "Join Capped" or not (the last column in the Component set up). You might also have to look in the OIP and be sure your "Cap" option is set correctly (so that the end of the wall you're dealing with DOES NOT have a cap...

Wall in Plan v2018.vwx

Example wall style.png

Hi Wes. I'm still having no luck.  The wall style in the file you sent had the 'join capped' set to off.  Even if I turn that on, I still can't get the cap to show without a line.

What I am doing is - After selecting the wall cap tool, I am clicking once on the lining component, then on the end of the wall.  The cap appears fine, but with that errant line?

I tried adding a cap on the other end of the wall you sent me with the same result.

Join Capped Off.jpg

Wall Cap Line.jpg

I have noticed this from time to time & what seems to be happening in my case is I'm in a hurry & have not zoomed into the wall enough with the result that I have inadvertently grabbed the inner faces on of one of the  pieces of one side of the GWB.

Here's what I did incorrectly & the result:

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 11.55.38 (2).png

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 11.55.01 (2).png

Here's what I should have done & the correct result:

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 11.55.32 (2).png

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 11.55.43 (2).png

Edited by Jim Smith

Thanks Jim, seeing what you have highlighted showed me what I was doing wrong.  I was selecting one wall lining and then clicking at the end of the wall rather than the lining on the other side.  Simple. Can't believe I didn't try that, been bugging me for a long time...haha

• 6 months later...

Can anyone advise how to stop the walls 'capping' when abutting different storeys and/or wall types within a storey? See attached example. I want to take out the horizontal line so that the masonry continues vertically without a break at the storey line....Thank you!

Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 14.02.19.png