How can I make a Landscape Area into a Style?

sentwisle2

Question

Is it possible to make landscape areas into styles that can be used multiple times across a drawing, this would save us so much time when we have to change or amend landscape areas that have been repeated across a drawing as we could update the style rather than having to do each individual area.... unless I am missing something and there is a way you can do this already?! Also leader lines seem to have a mind of their own.... how can you set them up to always go from the middle of the landscape area and not jump about when you use eyedropper tool!!? 

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Sophie,

Absolutely! Landscape areas can be saved into styles through the Object Info Palette. The saved style can be found in the resource manager for your active file but you can certainly save this to a workgroup library that's shared with your team members. You can also make use of the preconfigured landscape area styles found in the Resource Manager by importing, duplicating, and making edits to them. 

If you are in Vectorworks Landmark 2019, I suggest starting to use the Data Tags as they are more powerful and you can tag all landscape areas at the same time. This method will automatically tag the middle of the landscape area as you suggested.

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 12.50.06 PM.png

• Like 1

Hi Tony 

Thanks for your reply but if I add 3 of the same mix from the resource manager to a drawing and want to update all 3 mixes how do I do this? When I change it via the landscape area settings it only updates the one I have selected. They are not behaving like a style in which all of them would be updated they are behaving as unique objects within the drawing which is not very helpful when you decide to change a mix you have used numerous times and want them all to change? (I can't find a way to select a specific mix that has been repeated either using the magic wand?). There does not seem to be a replace function like you can do with plant symbols and if I update the mix in the resource manager this does not update the areas I already have in my drawing. 

I have been exploring the data tag tool - this does seem more useful! 

Capture1.JPG