VP Open GL fixed in 2019

for some years the OpenGL text was messed up and text boxes were truncated...that is now a thing of the past...meaning that we can reduce the need for labeling VPs

also note the vertical line A...that is a 3d rectangle on a 3d grid layer so when I section my model I get an instant grid line...

very good job everyone

see image

759520090_betterOpenGLtext.thumb.png.61575a6a5b3d8bae2ca81667d216ffc5.png

Edited by digitalcarbon
  • Like 3

the ability to have 2d objects floating in space is really really useful...true 3d work is great but we always need a way to reference back to planes and lines in the project...the layout geometry is needed to build it in the field.

Very very well done to the VW team 

Edited by digitalcarbon

In the file I need to have 2 layers one for a top view grid of 2d lines and another layer with a 3d grid of rectangles ....what we need is the ability to take a line and say make 3d grid...and all it does is show up in sections but on the grid layer it stays a regular 2d line...this way we don't have 2 grid systems one 2d and one 3d...

1 hour ago, digitalcarbon said:

In the file I need to have 2 layers one for a top view grid of 2d lines and another layer with a 3d grid of rectangles ....what we need is the ability to take a line and say make 3d grid...and all it does is show up in sections but on the grid layer it stays a regular 2d line...this way we don't have 2 grid systems one 2d and one 3d...

That would be a hybrid symbol, no? 

no, because a hybrid symbol is really a 2d and 3d drawn on top of each other and grouped into a symbol...

I am kind of doing with the 2 layers with independent grids....

need to be able to say to a line "you are a line and only show up in plan but when I make a section cut then you also show up as a vertical line in the section"

What is need is a proper grid line that shows up on plan and section/elevation with a standard grid line marker. We have been using 3D polygons for showing grid lines in section for some time, but only using them a guidelines, and then annotating over with the correct line type & turning the guide grid lines off.

• Like 1

started a new project and could not get my 3d grid lines to show...

then found out the following (see image) need to check that box..

so this is what I am finding out...VW has a ton of things that you can do to control the "look" (i'm not complaining)

but I forget from one project to the next what is what & I consider myself a power user..

that is why I like Onshape for shop drawings because the guy in the shop only needs a few things as to "look" so its faster at making sheets.... but its terrible for presentations...

they seem to work together well...my facilities are all VW and then fabrication drawings Onshape...its like concrete & steel...which one is better?

but when you combine them then pow! a small office is unstoppable. 

so now i'm controlling the entire project except for civil...but i will do a DTM for that (once civil is done) and wow the team...VW is really a universal platform that combines it all.

I think they should change the name to something more universal  maybe just call it "multiverse"

505653515_ScreenShot2018-11-13at4_42_20PM.thumb.png.17b6ef3c7af2c0d0178795960e15d2a1.png

Edited by digitalcarbon