Walls disappear in Renderworks

Jim Smith

Question

I'm not sure what is going on here. These are the same Viewports with all layers & classes visibility identical. I started playing with lighting and wanted to see the difference between Open GL (VP on right) & Final Renderworks (VP on the left). Both have detail level set to high.

The difference between the two is my walls have disappeared in RW

Untitled.jpeg

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

Yeah, my go to is always the old "Have you tried to restart the computer?" line before I ask questions here. I'm going to try a stripped down version of the file to see if I can make this work.

Not to steal my own thread but I have to go back to VW 2014 to remember an iteration of VW that was relatively trouble free from my POV.

• Like 1

Yup something is broke here. I did a test where I deleted all but one Sheet, deleted the light sources, Purged the file and get the same result. Double click to enter the viewport's Layer and what do you know? walls are there! 

I tried to cut & paste in place the walls & re-render - doesn't work to add walls. What does work is drawing new walls. Weird.

Stuff just goes away. It's there, but stuff just goes away. Our digital seal for example, it does not show up except in a ghost image that flashes when one zooms in. It Prints, but it's not visible  on the screen. 

Now some viewports just loosed their visibility & annotation layer. Is it gone? WTF knows!

I really don't have the time to re-install the software & see if that helps. SP2 seems to have made things worse rather than better. 

Sigh

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 1

I was hoping for answers, but it seems everyone here has the same issue.

I have walls that are disappearing. They show up in plan view, I can use the flyover tool, but OpenGL only shows me two parallel walls and not the perpendicular ones. In Renderworks mode, the walls appear briefly, but then they all disappear in the final rendering.

This is happening with a file that I downloaded from Vectorworks (!) tutorial page: "Drawing Organization - Using Stories". I am curious if it is something that happens with older files that are converted to 2019?

Edited by Ian M.
2 hours ago, Ian M. said:

... I am curious if it is something that happens with older files that are converted to 2019?

The files that I'm having issues with are all new, native 2019 files.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, this is now happening with roofs. Sigh!  Visible in 2D not in 3D but copy & paste into a new blank file - Viola. 

I don't recall this many bugs in other iterations. 

Edited by Jim Smith