Jim Smith

Walls disappear in Renderworks

Question

I'm not sure what is going on here. These are the same Viewports with all layers & classes visibility identical. I started playing with lighting and wanted to see the difference between Open GL (VP on right) & Final Renderworks (VP on the left). Both have detail level set to high.

The difference between the two is my walls have disappeared in RW

Untitled.jpeg

9 answers to this question

I've had this in 2019 @Jim Smith

Disappearing walls, roofs and floors "unsoliding" and disappearing. Most times if i shut the file down and start up it corrects itself but it is quite disturbing! 

Yeah, my go to is always the old "Have you tried to restart the computer?" line before I ask questions here. I'm going to try a stripped down version of the file to see if I can make this work.

Not to steal my own thread but I have to go back to VW 2014 to remember an iteration of VW that was relatively trouble free from my POV.

• Like 1

It's not good for the mental health of people of a certain age as you sit there going "I don't remember deleting my walls" or even "I'm sure I just adjusted that roof!" 🙂

• Like 1

Literally whilst typing that I updated a viewport and my front railings didn't appear( not class switched off). So I went to edit section in place and they are there, and returned to the viewport and whaddya know, they've gone again!! Bizarre

image.thumb.png.9a5e1f94408c942ef05bde2653044f76.png

Yup something is broke here. I did a test where I deleted all but one Sheet, deleted the light sources, Purged the file and get the same result. Double click to enter the viewport's Layer and what do you know? walls are there! 

I tried to cut & paste in place the walls & re-render - doesn't work to add walls. What does work is drawing new walls. Weird.

I wonder if this is related to the 2018 open gl redraw issue discussed....somewhere on this forum. Selecting the disappearing walls and changing the render options in the OIP somehow resets the object. For the time being at least.

image.thumb.png.792cc0198d5430dd3db9bdd4fd754b8d.png

And again the stair has a glass panel in. Pre-render it didnt appear mid render it does, post render gone again!

This is messed up!

2 hours ago, David S said:

And again the stair has a glass panel in. Pre-render it didnt appear mid render it does, post render gone again!

Seems that Francisco has similar issues to David & me. Sounds like VW 2019 has a flaw here somewheres.image.thumb.png.237666f82a409d6b4f6d1d1101d9a40c.png