VW Cloud Services workflow needs to be streamlined

Kevin McAllister

Question

5 answers to this question

Great list Kevin.

In regards point 1, I currently only use it to render my sheet layer VPs and I usually just want PDFs so all is good there...when it works!

If I understand you correctly, you would like the cloud to render your design layer VPs whilst you are working on the drawing? If so, I think this would be very valuable and would make my day so much more productive! Not sure about saving a rendered file back as I would much prefer to have a sync button (like project sharing) to notify that VPs had been rendered and after a sync they all appeared.

I totally agree with all your other points.

I would also like to see the ability to adjust layer and class states when using the web app to view a .VGX file. It would also be helpful to have the ability to save some layer/class "presets" so the viewer could easily switch between them.

4 hours ago, Simon Allan said:

If I understand you correctly, you would like the cloud to render your design layer VPs whilst you are working on the drawing? If so, I think this would be very valuable and would make my day so much more productive! Not sure about saving a rendered file back as I would much prefer to have a sync button (like project sharing) to notify that VPs had been rendered and after a sync they all appeared.

I'm only using the cloud to render sheet layer viewports (that's mainly what I have). I want the cloud to work on one file so that I can use my local machine to work on another.

The sync idea is an interesting one...

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister