Best practice and method for fixed grid rigging?

Hello,

What is the best way to have the functionality of Braceworks in a fixed grid room? The lighting bars are 12m long and have a capacity of 70kgs/m.

I use the Lighting Pipe tool to draw a 12m bar.

Then Modify>Create Symbol.

Braceworks>Convert to Truss and it becomes part of Braceworks.

When I customise the pipe in the OIP I give it a Rigid X section and a material (which one to choose is above me so a random choice at the mo). Filling out the distributed weight at 70kgs/m seems like the correct thing to do yet when I go back onto the page it is 0kgs in the OIP.

The other thing is how do I attach this to the roof? There are no dead hangs or motors so it's not the point load but the distributed load I need. The only way I can think of though is to add a load of dead hangs every metre and have an allowable weight of 70kgs.

Any insights gratefully received.

Cheers,

Peter

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 5.00.06 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 5.00.19 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 5.35.02 pm.png

Thanks for your help Scott. That makes sense but the OIP still remains blank for both distributed weight and length although the customisable dialogue has the correct data. 

My real question then is if the fixing to the ceiling is unknown but we know the weight limit on a 12m bar is 70kg/m how do we make a 'system' out of it for Braceworks calculations?

Cheers,

Peter

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 10.15.41 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 10.15.58 am.png