rsoularie

What is wrong with Vectorworks 2019

Question

Vectorworks has been fine for me. Now all of a sudden, any time I select a wall or a dimension, the software freezes. after about 5-10 minutes it may go back to normal, until i try to select a wall or dimension again. For the most part, it'll freeze for up to half an hour and I have to keep force quitting. It's fine with other 2D commands, but this is really driving me crazy and I just want a solution to this problem.

11 answers to this question

Does this happen only in specific files or in any file? Can the problem be reproduced in a new blank file?

If it only happens in specific files, can you send me a file that does this? Please also include the steps to reproduce the problem.

Matt. I've tried it on a second file to see if the problem persisted. It has the same problem. I can work on annotations and draw polylines fine. and move almost all other symbols. It only happens when I click on a dimension to select it. It happens occasionally when I try to move walls. It also crashes when I try to edit section in place.

@rsoularie,

Thanks for the information. If you can send me one of these files privately, I'd love to have a look. I'm wondering if theres a specific object or setting that might be triggering this. If we can reproduce the problem, we should be able to fix it.

-Matt

I am running my computer on MAC OS Mojave. I feel like that might be the problem.

Ah. That could be the problem, but I’ll have to look into this to be certain.

Are you using Vectorworks 2019 SP1?

I am using Vectorworks 2019 SP1.1. Now it changes to certain text boxes that cause my program to freeze. It's completely arbitrary.

13 minutes ago, rsoularie said:

I am using Vectorworks 2019 SP1.1. Now it changes to certain text boxes that cause my program to freeze. It's completely arbitrary.

Long shot, but maybe look at this thread - 

What is your backup/autosave set to - amount of time or number of operations? I have had issues with various versions of VW reacting to system actions in the background (Time Machine backups, Dropbox syncing, wireless network access etc.). It can sometimes be related to having backup/autosave set to an amount of time.

Kevin

Happening to me on a native 2019 file but not 2018 converted files. SP 1.1.  Some operations taking a minute to process. Walls, (forget curtainwall that takes five minutes), slabs, zooms, take your pick. Crickets chirping at tech support. High Sierra. save every 40 operations.  WTF.

so far, my only work around is to save every time i perform an operation and hope that the next operation doesn't freeze the program. I'll check with the Autosave settings and let you know how that affects the performance. Thank you for all your help.