Switching Between Versions?

Polly

Question

I've uploaded 2017 to my laptop (for working while traveling) but kept 2015 on my desktop.  Now trying to open files in 2015 that I've modified in 2017.  Error message says unrecognized file.  Anyway to open it in 2015?  Any help appreciated!  Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Polly you must first export the 2017 file to a 2015 for 2015 to recognize the file.

If you want to go the opposite direction (2015 to 2017) you should keep two folders (mine are on my desktop). One is called SOURCE the other is called DESTINATION. Make a copy of your 2015 file with a new name & save it in the SOURCE folder. Open VW2017 & select Batch Convert from the File menu. From Batch Convert select the source file from the SOURCE folder & set the DESTINATION folder as the destination & convert. 

This will reduce the chances of errors creeping into a file as you go back & forth between iterations of the programme.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Gadzooks, thank you for your comment; the to-and-fro was temporary, while moving my office and traveling.  Per Jim Smith's good answer, I have now upgraded to 2017 on all my devices.  And sorry about the misleading current subject of post.  I am not very familiar with using the knowledge base and was trying to ask a new question, but inadvertently changed the subject of the old.  I'll try to change it back now, because as you mention, it would be nice for others to find the response.  And I have since gotten a response from VW about the green line around viewport question which I will try to implement today.