Landscape Area Schedule Name Order Problem

Rebecca M.

Hello, I'm new to this forum and just getting to grips with using Vectorworks (Landmark). In the office we've set up a number of landscape areas and set up our schedule based on the pre-formatted landscape area mass planting schedule available.

My issue is that I can not sort the mixes as all the area names go to the top of the sheet and the plants within them go to the bottom (IMAGE 1). But if they are not 'sorted' in this manner, then the area names sit beneath the plant records (IMAGE 2). This makes the schedule less legible (as you can see!)

I would be grateful for any help on this and look forward to learning more from belonging to this forum.

IMAGE 2.JPG

IMAGE 1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Are you hoping to sort the plant mixes alphabetically?  And is this a worksheet you created from scratch... or is it a VWX template?  It seems like this worksheet needs to have more database headers in it so you can separate main areas from sub-areas and have more control over the order by cutting and pasting.  Rather than having 24 items under one database header, it may help to have a database header for each category you have in bold.  But it's hard to know if there's a simpler solution without knowing exactly how your database headers are set up to search for data currently.  

Thank you very much for the reply Loretta. The worksheet is based on the preformated worksheet called 'Plant Area Mass Planting'. I'm not bothered about the mixes being in alphabetical order particularly, more that the list plants in each mix sit under the mix name. In my worksheet (1st image), some of the plants are above their mix name. I'm going to do as you suggest and create a header for each plant mix to get around this problem for now but I don't understand why each plant mix name doesn't  just come in, with it's respective plant records associated!

Edited by Rebecca M.