Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Pop Up Node - New question

IJSSEL

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is possible with a Popup Dialog node, located in the User Interaction folder. The difference between this node that the Popup node is that every time the script is run, a dialog with a dropdown menu will appear, and you will have to pick your option before the network will finish running. If you want a static popup that appears in the OIP of a Marionette object, you still need to use the original Popup node and create the list via editing the script inside the node.

Thanks for the input.  What  I'm looking for is a way to feed the Pop up node with a variabel Integer ( Lets call it 12). This variabel Integer is generated by part of the network.

The output of the Pop up is  :

if input == 1, then output = 12

if input == 2, then output = 2*12

if input == 3, then output = 3*12

etc. etc.

I need the Integer 12 to be calculated by the network. So it could be any Integer.

As far as I know it is not possible to have a node to change the script of the Pop up?

So I was trying to use a List node. The List accepts the variabel Integer and the output is what I wanted ( 12, 2*12, 3*12, or

15, 2*15, 3*15, etc).

But how do I select one of outputs the List  ( like you do in a Pop up)?

Sorry for my criptic question. Hope it makes sense.

Thanks again.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I believe it would just be easier to make the multipliers (1,2,3,...) the output of the popup and multiply that output by 12 or whatever variable integer. Again, you can use the Popup node if the multipliers will always be the same, or you can use the Popup Dialog node to have a dialog appear after the script is run. The output of the popups are integers representing the index value of the item chosen from the list. Since your list will basically be 1,2,3 etc you can add one to that integer to get the value you need. I have built some examples for you.

Popups.vwx

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, thanks. Played a bit with it, implemented it in the script and it works😊
After Wrapping the script ( and testing- all OK),  I made a Menu Command  . So far so good. But the O.I.P. does not show up. Without the parameters in the O.I.P.
the Menu Command is not of very much use.
What I'm doing wrong ?

Hmmm. I was not aware of that. Why should one use the Menu Command if it does not give you the possibility of changing the parameters in the OIP ?
It is like using the Circle Tool in VW and having to chance the diameter in VS each time you want a smaller or larger circle ?
Or am I missing something? Pls. 'enlighten' me 😊

Best regards

The Symbol works fine now ( needed some adaption of the Zero point of the drawing). But I have lost my RGB colors. In Wrapper Mode I can change the RGB colors in the PIO and have it rendered in OpenGL , but in the Symbol 'Mode'  it will not render the colors. Any idea's ?