Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Vectorscript for class visibilities to run prior to publish

Boh

I wish I could do this myself however if there is a script or scripter keen for a lttle challenge...

Sometimes, though we try to avoid it, "classed" objects are placed directly onto sheet layers and when it comes to print these sheets the classes can sometimes inadvertently be turned off and therefore not print.

Similarly we also have a bunch of classes with a " NonPlot* " prefix that all need to be turned off prior to printing. Additionally we occasionally need to double check viewport visibilities to ensure that these NonPlot classes also have their viewport visibilities turned off.

At the moment I have a saved view I run prior to printing that turns on all classes except nonplot classes which are turned off. However this needs constant checking/updating as more classes are introduced to a file.

A script that turns off all "NonPlot*" classes and turns on all other classes would certainly be useful to me and maybe to others too. If possible the script would also check the viewport visibilities of all " NonPlot-* " prefix classes are turned off (whilst leaving the viewport visibilities of other classes left unchanged).

It is cheeky of me to ask, but I have been using the saved view method for a while and can carry on doing it that way. I just thought if it is easy and someone else thought it worthwhile then a clever little script to share on the forum would be much appreciated by more than just me :-).

Thanks