Unknown Doors appear in Door Schedule

I have a pair of doors appearing on my door schedule that doesn't exist on my design layers anywhere (as far as I can tell). They're an odd size that I'd never use and aren't numbered per my normal style. Is there a way that I can locate these doors? They weren't on my door schedule previously and mysteriously appears when I updated the schedule yesterday. Any clues on how to get rid of these ghosts? The doors I'm referring to are marked D-01 and circled by red in the image attached.

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 2.11.38 PM.png

288542370_ScreenShot2018-11-02at5_24_05PM.thumb.png.a55aee4d191af0f58c54905be1327dab.png

If you double click on the worksheet and edit it, you should be able to right click on the row and select the item.  This should take you to the door in question. I do this in one of the design layers and make sure all the layers are on.  

Edited by cberg
  • Like 2

And, if you set up a housekeeping window schedule that lists all windows regardless of the "include in schedule" setting, you won't accidentally miss any windows. I guess you could also pull up the window configuration data to the housekeeping worksheet and thus immediately see which is just an opening.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, JMR said:

And, if you set up a housekeeping window schedule that lists all windows regardless of the "include in schedule" setting, you won't accidentally miss any windows. I guess you could also pull up the window configuration data to the housekeeping worksheet and thus immediately see which is just an opening.

I agree, that's a good idea

• 4 months later...

I have 2 doors on my schedule that I don't want to show.

in the oip the "on schedule" box is not checked, and I have tried checking then un-checking...

what am I missing?

in the criteria for the door schedule,

record = door = present, and the specific DL's are chosen. all that is perfect.

I don't see another option to choose ALL doors vs only ones that have the on sched. box checked - which makes no sense.

thanks for any help!

You can right-click on e.g. 4.1, then "select item", then go to OIP data tab, select door record and "detach".

However, it seems you have double criteria in your schedule, I think you only need either "type is door" or "record door is present". Currently the criteria selects all items that are either doors and/or have that record present. Try removing the "door record is present" and I think your "include in schedule" tick starts working.

• 4 weeks later...

This may be a newbie question, but I am finally attempting to learn to use door schedules and it is really frustrating. I can't seem to figure out how to remove unwanted doors form the schedule. For example, I created a schedule, and it has all the doors displayed 4 times each. At first I thought the schedule was including doors from other layers, but when I selected a door and unchecked Remove from Schedule, all four doors with that number disappeared from the schedule. I watched the 2018 door schedule tutorial. It seems to be so simple on You Tube, but the reality of learning how everything works with an actual project is boggling the mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you JMR. Indeed that was the largest of my problems. I hope to have some time soon to really get to the bottom of how Schedules works. I suspect it will take some practice and hair pulling to get it to work the way it needs to. I door schedules are easiest to deal with if you take the time to load a bunch of typical doors with preselected characteristics into your template file to minimize having to individually modify criteria on a door by door basis later on? It seems to be easier early in the project to not work about anything other than width, but then all those other characteristics have to be manipulated on a door by door basis, which is really slow. Best practices insight appreciated.