Disappearing objects

Sade

Question

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Sade said:

I'm doing a model of a site for a university project, but when I rotate the screen to look at it on different angles everything on the page disappears, how do I fix this?

That's actually a "feature" of that tool, along with a whole host of other unpredictable things that happen.

4 hours ago, Sade said:

I'm doing a model of a site for a university project, but when I rotate the screen to look at it on different angles everything on the page disappears, how do I fix this?

If you keep the item you are looking at selected, does the item stay within view?

There are a few things that could effect what you see after changing a view:

1. Are you drawing at or near the origin of your drawing? If you are drawing far away from the origin, and there is a lot of blank space at or around the origin, then this blank space is what you may be seeing.
  2. Centre View on Activated Layer (Menu>View>Unified View Options). If you have this checked then when you change an active layer, it will always centre the view on the origin. If not, then as I understand it, it will rotate around the centre of your screen (I may be wrong on the screen thing as I can never find a pattern to this)
  3. Centre objects after view change in (VWX preferences). This will keep the selected object in the centre of the view.

Just a few options if @JimW gives you the all clear with your graphics card.

I have a similar issue with rotated objects. If I rotate any object using the Rotate tool the object has a "ghost" of the object rotated but the image of the object still appears to be not rotated. Zooming In or Out does not alter the situation. If I cut & paste the object it's is rotated. If I move the object it is rotated. My present workaround is to nudge & nudge back. This happens even in a blank new file.

I have things disappearing too. Imported a pdf onto a layer - the selection box remained visible, but the pdf was invisible/ Everything often disappears when the plan is rotated. This is getting frustrating beyond belief. What is up w 2020?

• Like 1

Similar things are happening to me. I duplicated a column several times now and it continue to disappear. Also, use hidden lines and the layer cut at 1.50 m and it still shows the  building components without cutting at the requested elevation. I am getting really frustrated with Vectorworks. Please, HELP.

I am using Vectorworks Architect 2019.

iMac 27, later 2013

32 GB Ram

1 GB Nvidia Geforce

2 TB SSD