joerg

strange behavior section viewport

i have a new problem.... snapping is not working in rendered section viewports anymore. It did before!!! is it a OSX 10.14 Mojave issue? i updated my VW 2018 to the newest built SP5.2

it makes creating deasent plans almost unbareable...! 

anybody else experiences this problem?

i added a file is it working on other maschines or systems?

vectorworks bug.vwx

Strange, no-one has replied. This is the same for me still on SP4. Ive decided I can't trust updates from NNA atm. (and Ive taken to wearing a tin-foil helmet when using VW)

The settings for your section viewport need changes...but I can't reason why....

See if you can reason...

1678440742_ScreenShot2018-12-05at16_42_21.thumb.png.ac9b47e85f8550c22cf6db6c3c2e4ac8.png

Set as above then update (stay with me!)

Now deselect Display Planer Objects

Update - and it seems fixed

BUG? 

The other thing I found is your choice of section line appears to have the same effect. Open the file again (revert to saved) and look at the section line...

1344116450_ScreenShot2018-12-05at17_05_45.thumb.png.ca410ff4ea265d8a19e0da3152d4fdf2.png

If you change it to either of the other two options in the OIP your Viewport comes to life - and says alive to curser cues even when returned to your first option.

BUG?

Perhaps someone else can confirm (or point out I need to lay off the tin-foil helmet)

Hope this helps (its been a long day)

Edited by Gadzooks
  • Like 1

Hi Gadzooks,

Thank you ! i was wondering too and thought i am the only person having this strange problem or cann't expain what i mean but i guess nobody could work it out , it somehow doesn't happen on all files but i will try your workarround....

and YES i can reproduce your method!!!!

Edited by joerg

Would you believe it!!

I should've gone the super simple obvious route first @joerg

Although your file opens with 'updated' viewports, I just found that choosing to update is the simplest way to return the cursor cues etc..

Sometimes VW can be so irritating😂

great i wouldn't have worked that out myselfe!! and yes you become a master of workarrounds in VW...sometimes! keeps one felexible under the helmet;-))