markdd

Plane Lock

Question

When inserting 3d symbols in multi-level 3D models, it would be really helpful when using the Automatic Plane selection mode to have a way of locking a plane once it has been highlighted.

To explain better, here is a quick video of what I mean.

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

Yessss

I have another App that does lock the hovered plane dynamic UCS when pressing Shift one time.

That is so cool.

Edited by zoomer

3 hours ago, markdd said:

When inserting 3d symbols in multi-level 3D models, it would be really helpful when using the Automatic Plane selection mode to have a way of locking a plane once it has been highlighted.

That's the reason I mostly use the Set Working Plane tool. The whole system needs a bit of an overhaul so its intuitive and easy. Placing objects at the edges of surfaces can be a bit of a game without a way of locking to a specific working plane.

Kevin

6 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

That's the reason I mostly use the Set Working Plane tool

Coming out of the Insert symbol tool to set a new working plane is a bore. Just a simple key to hold the plane would really smooth things along.....