2019 BUG - Fit walls to object not working

Patrick Fritsch

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi Patrick, The only time I've seen Fit To fail is when the "fit to" geometry does not completely cover the Walls which are being fit. Can you post another shot showing the "fit to" geometry?

Also, sometimes I have resorted to creating a dummy layer in which I place a 3d form (extrude, eg) which defines the "fit to" area. 

• Like 1

Hey Peter thank you once again for putting me back on the right path, this is what I tested out and resolved my problem. The fit walls was not  working properly as my gypsum ceiling plane extended to the interior face of the exterior walls only (as it would be built). But because my interior walls have T-joins to the exterior walls, their control point in plan view ends up at the center of the exterior walls. So to remedy, as you suggested,  I simply duplicated the and offset temporary "dummy" geometry for the ceiling plane and ran the "fit walls to object" command again, all was resolved.

@Jim Wilson this is odd behavior as every-time I have a sloped ceiling with wall joins i'd have to create temp "dummy geometry" due to the control point being offset outside the ceiling plane.

wall control point.PNG