Dimension parameter setting

I am using a custom dimensioning style based off the ASME standard. It seems that every now and then something goes wrong when arrows need to be on the outside. The problem is that sometimes I get a line on the inside that connects the two lines. (Red lines dimensions in the example). Can someone tell me which parameter in the dimension editing dialog box can help me make the red dimensions look like the blue dimensions.

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 10.15.03 AM.png

Unfortunately, this does not fix/address the problem. Allow me to clarify.

I like the dimensions in blue. (Arrows outside with no line connecting the arrowheads)

I do not like the dimensions in red. (Arrows outside, with a line connecting the arrowheads)

The question is, what parameter controls the creation or lack thereof of the line connecting the arrowheads.

I can't identify the setting you have to change to get this to occur, but I can verify that the ASME, BSI, and JIS dimensions standards have the property that you want.

I suggest that you put some dimensions on a page Duplicate them twice, and set one set to each of the above settings. Determine which one is closest to what you want.

Go to Document Preferences, Dimensions, and set the Dimension Standard to what is closest to your liking. Click the Custom button and then from the Custom Dimensions dialog box click New. This will create a new dimension with the same settings at the standard you had chosen before you hit New.

Edit the standard to work as you want, then Open you template files and Import the revised dimension standard into your template(s) so it will be available when you create a new file.

You probably also need to uncheck the Arrows Inside box in the OIP for the dimension if the space inside is large enough for the markers but you want them outside.