techdef

Access Project Data outside of Title blocks?

Hi folks, I've got my title-block up and running, but cant figure out how to access the Project Data info outside of the titleblock? I dont even know how to look for it, I'm afraid. For example - project cover page, would like the Project Name and Address in big bold letters, outside of the titleblock. How can we access that info?

Screenshot below, trying to get the same info to fill in both Project Name fields, same for address... 

thanks,

-jamie

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 12.41.24 PM.png

You will need to select "Edit Title Block Layout" in the Object info Palette. An edit window will appear and you can move resize and link the text and any other objects inside your title block. 

image.png

• Like 1

BSeigel, thanks - but not quite. I'm trying to do this OUTSIDE the titleblock. The info is there someplace?

I see, let me see if there is a quick way to do this without having to create different types of title blocks. 

Well, that was surprisingly complex. You can make this work with a custom data tag. I've attached a file with a data tag that you can import and reformat. The records for title blocks are hidden so I had to do some research to figure out what the tag definition needed to be. Enjoy! 

Title Block Data Tag.vwx

image.png

• Like 2

Thanks! Wish I could make it work 🙂 I'm sure its a rookie error on my end. When I copy/paste the data tag to my file it shows a little caution triangle and no data. Any further advice? Even tried making a new file with the prefab Arch Imperial setup and it didnt work there either.

Edited by techdef

2 hours ago, BSeigel said:

You can make this work with a custom data tag. 

Ha, I was going to see if that was possible myself. Great solution.

2 hours ago, BSeigel said:

The records for title blocks are hidden so I had to do some research to figure out what the tag definition needed to be.

I've wondered why that is. So many people want to access that information and we could under the old system.

Kevin

You just need to attach it. Click the hazard sign then click the title block or sheet border and it will attach. You can move it wherever you'd like after that. 

• Like 1