Access Project Data outside of Title blocks?

Hi folks, I've got my title-block up and running, but cant figure out how to access the Project Data info outside of the titleblock? I dont even know how to look for it, I'm afraid. For example - project cover page, would like the Project Name and Address in big bold letters, outside of the titleblock. How can we access that info?

Screenshot below, trying to get the same info to fill in both Project Name fields, same for address... 

thanks,

-jamie

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 12.41.24 PM.png

Thanks! Wish I could make it work 🙂 I'm sure its a rookie error on my end. When I copy/paste the data tag to my file it shows a little caution triangle and no data. Any further advice? Even tried making a new file with the prefab Arch Imperial setup and it didnt work there either.

Edited by techdef
2 hours ago, BSeigel said:

You can make this work with a custom data tag. 

Ha, I was going to see if that was possible myself. Great solution.

2 hours ago, BSeigel said:

The records for title blocks are hidden so I had to do some research to figure out what the tag definition needed to be.

I've wondered why that is. So many people want to access that information and we could under the old system.

Kevin

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, I'm aware that this is an old thread but its the most relevant one that I could find.

I'm trying to get the data tag to read and display  project revision data from the Title Block Border.

Revision Data in the TBB are using the dynamic text "Revision Data. Number" "Revision Data.Note" "Revision Data.Date" so that when a revision is entered in the TBB it reads for eg. "Revision A  - For DA - 17/07/2023"

Tried to adjust the Data tag dynamic text to this style but it's just displaying as "0".

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @COLA,

You can use one of these in the data tag, but they will give you only one revision and you need to know its index. In the example we get the revision data under index 1, which is always the latest revision:

- This is direct access to the revision data record that has a single revision stored in it

#Title Block Revision Data-1#.#Number#

- This is worksheet function access to the old revision data record which contains all revision data in it and that is why substring is required
#WS_SUBSTRING('Title Block Revision Data'.'Number'; ''; 1)#

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1