Interior Elevations do NOT work in VW2018

MHBrown

2018SP4

Interior Elevations evaluation:

You cannot place the view plane

You cannot adjust the view plane

The elevation is not accurate to where you place the arrows in the floor plan...the only thing that resembles an adjustment tool for what will be seen in the elevation.

It is unusable. I'm having to do section viewports or create symbols from all the materials that would have been in the interior elevation, put them on a separate design layer, and then fight with all the problems with texture maps, OpenGL not working, etc.

This version of VW is, I'm sad to say, is completely useless for any color rendering uses. I'm going to have to recreate the entire model in Strata3D for rendering. Is this fixed for 2019? I've been asked if I want to upgrade, but not sure if I should.

I don't know what you mean by "add textures in viewport annotations." Textures are mapped in 3D views, but it is presently impossible to do this because OpenGL does not work in edit windows. If you go to Edit 3D for a symbol to put a texture on it, you can only view it in wireframe. If you go to Map Attribute tool, it only works about 20 percent of the time. When it does work, it can't be used because as soon as you render in OpenGL the model disappears. That's right. It disappears. It goes off to some other place. This is not only true with Interior Elevations, but with all views. OpenGL is unstable in any project that was NOT originally a VW2018 file. I am confident--especially with the purposeless yearly "upgrades"--that everyone has most of his files bridging across different year versions of VW. It is a stupefying miscalculation by VW to have a bug of this type. It greatly increases the time it takes to do color textures to the point where it is unusable. This must be fixed now.