Existing trees not sending to site model surface

I have a site model and several existing trees - some of these will automatically send to the surface of the site model. Some will not.  I've moved them all onto the site model layer (even though the site model is set to identify modifiers on all layers) and a few more trees send to surface.  It seems very random.  This is a vw2018 file imported into 2019 and there seems to be several bugs with the file (all the lines, either straight, or polygons) now appear to have have line end markers attached, despite the class default being no line marker.  Very frustrating. Any ideas? Also does anyone know how to get rid of that odd level shown on the site model?  Can't find the source data which is creating it and don't seem to be able to delete it. 

thanks

Helen

VW2019 landmark

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 17.49.38.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Helen

For the trees, try Tools > Utilities > Reset All Plug-Ins (and go with the flow on the warning message). This should prompt them to look again at the site model and pop to the surface.

For the site model itself, not sure what to suggest, but if you want to attach the file, I'll be happy to have a quick look for you.

T

• Like 2
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am unable to reproduce this - my Existing Trees pop straight to the surface of my site model (and I have not experienced a problem with this in the past either). I don't have to use Send to Surface.

If you would like to post the file, I will take a look tomorrow.