MacOS Crashing

Running Vision 2019 on MacOS 10.14, 2.5 GHZ i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics, as soon as I import the light plot form VW2019 and select the first fixture to look at the focus Vision crashes. I go to open an older file that worked fine and same thing happens. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is likely due to the Nvidia drivers packed into the last few versions of OSX. 

Until apple sorts out the driver issue, we recommend switching over to integrated following the instructions in this tech bulletin: 

Luckily, the performance improvement in 2019 makes the dip in performance moot. You shouldn't have any major issues with Vision. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not trying to step on Eddy's shoes! Just wanted to say the ultimate solution, as is pointed out in the article Eddy linked, is to install Boot Camp. Reason being is that the problem is not with your machine, nor is the problem with Vision. So, installing windows and using Nvidia's drivers straight from Nvidia will not only prevent your crashing, but will also get you the performance you paid for when you threw down for a mac computer.

Integrated graphics are a decent work around, but the ultimate solution would be to switch to a mac with an AMD gfx card or install boot camp.