nurbs surface

i have made a nurbs surface and am trying to move the vertices one at a time but every time i select one and change the height the same one vertex in the corner moves and not the one i have selected... i can't work out why, does anyone have any suggestions?

With the surface selected, go to the OIP. At the top, below class and layer is a drop down box that says "move" to the left of it. Make sure this drop down box is set to Vertex Only.

Then, you'll need to use the buttons next to Edit U and Edit V to scroll through to the point you'd like to move.

Then you can change the z value.

Another way is to use the 3d reshape tool to select the vertex and use the Data display bar to move the point up and down, side to side, or whatever you'd like to do.

thanks Katie,

i didn't know about the scrolling between vertices with the arrow buttons... that solved my problem for about ten points and now it won't move any more points (but it will move the position of the ones that i have already changed). i can't move any points on the other surface that i have either, have i selected something that may not let me edit positions at all?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It should not be possible to get into a state where you can't move points at all. Any chance the surface is locked? If not, holding down the button between the left/right arrows (either the U ones or V ones) will highlight the active vertex, which should move regardless of mode.