Marionette Wrapper

Guest BillV

Question

Has any thought been given to allow a Marionette wrapper to be placed on a New Tool Set

I know you can create a menu item - it appears under Tools> Marionette Commands and which is stored in your User Library.

To be able to select your wrapper and then edit via OIP would be great.  Alternatively have the Node create a Tool on a tool set.

Edited by BillV

3 answers to this question

• Marionette Maven

Hi @BillV

I assume you're aware of Marionette Objects? 

I think it would be cool to allow Marionette Objects to be saved as Tools in your Tool Sets, but for now, you can save your Marionette Object as a Red Symbol (plug-in symbol) in your file, and it will be inserted similarly to how other Tool objects are, allowing you to customize the parameters in the OIP.

Good call Marissa that works well. On another note have you seen or created a Marionette to create a SIPS Panel. We are seeing a lot of SIPS being used and no software really addresses that. I can create a panel but it becomes a Group which does not allow me to insert a window or door which is what is needed when cutting the panel on a CNC via DXF. Any ideas would be welcome.

SIPS.vwx

21 hours ago, BillV said:

Good call Marissa that works well. On another note have you seen or created a Marionette to create a SIPS Panel. We are seeing a lot of SIPS being used and no software really addresses that. I can create a panel but it becomes a Group which does not allow me to insert a window or door which is what is needed when cutting the panel on a CNC via DXF. Any ideas would be welcome.

SIPS.vwx

Smarter wall framer wish on the list would handle SIPS well. If you want to lend your support.