Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
Patrick Fritsch

Nesting parts for CNC

Hi, I thought I saw somewhere a Marionette network for nesting geometric shape parts within a rectangle. I need this to layout parts quickly on a plywood sheet for CNC cutout. Here's an example, Anyone? 

nesting.png

The picture looks similar to a file I once downloaded: ObjectInfoByLayerExample.vwx . I think it was made by DomC, but I can't find it on the forum anymore.

I have attached it, hope DomC won't mind. I haven't worked with it, so no garantees.

Ernst van der Vecht

ObjectInputByLayerExample.vwx

Ah found it, now to translate and figure out how it woks! The forum link is here , I was searching for Nesting instead of Packing. Thanks,

Patrick

If you do a lot of this the simpler way is to Export a DXF  to a nesting programme like Enroute. Get in touch if you need more information. Enroute will read both 2D and 3D DXF and will post to CNC.

Hey yeah! I’m nesting my parts in Enroute. The parts need to get tool path figured out, so might as well do it all in post processor. Are you doing the CNC work, or is it being sub’d out?