Issue Data / Title Block Manager - CRASHES!

leecalisti

Question

Come on Vectorworks, why must you change everything for no reason? In 2018 (and earlier perhaps) we could include an issue date in the Title Block Border Settings and have it include it on one sheet, all sheets, all active sheets. Where did that go? When I monkey around with the title block manager it crashes every time. It just freezes with (Not Responding). Then I have to Cntl/Alt/Delete or something to get out of VW and start over.

If I stop each time I get lag, crashes, or some other oddity to post on this forum, we'll be talking all day. I'VE GOT WORK TO DO! 

How can I fix this please? Do I have to type in an issue date for each sheet? 

Screenshot 2018-10-23 20.57.52.png

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @leecalisti,

If you could attach a test file it would be easier to find out what is the problem.

Anyway, I suppose that for some reason the Title Block Manager is trying to load big folder hierarchy. You could try inserting the active file into several empty folders one in each other and then reopen the active file and try opening the TBManager again.

As for the issues, you could add issues to multiple TBBs from the Title Block Manager. The previous Apply To popup was removed as there were many complains about it.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @sophiecanaris,

There was nothing wrong in Lee's file. The only thing I could think of is a bug that should be fixed in SP-2. As a workaround, you could try moving your .vwx file in a separate folder hierarchy, like "/Folder1/Folder2/Folder3/Folder4/<file here>". This might fix the problem for SP-1.

If you are still reproducing this in SP-2, when it is released, let me know here.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov