Call outs options to display description only

RDS Casa

Question

I don't think this is currently possible (PLEASE do tell me if it is). Its kind of simple ...

Just a tick box on the call out tool Object info Palette, that means it can display the description, rather than the note text. 

That's got to be easy, right? !

This is so that the note text in the database can carry detailed specification information, but the displayed description carries only its description reference.

In most cases I only need the reference (eg. "F1.312 Coursed Rubble stone") the detailed spec information can then be displayed using the General Notes tool somewhere else. The general notes tool already has the option to use the description as the left hand column, under "General Notes Display".

And then, Vectorworks referring to a .xml file controlled by ODBC control can be used as a powerful spec writer. I don't have to use NBS  

Without this, it 2 databases talking to each other. 

Thankyou.

Edited by RDS Casa

1 answer to this question

The more I use the call out tool, the more I think it needs this small upgrade. Already the database callouts have two components to them, the description, and the notes. The call out just needs an option to display:

-description only,

-notes only,

-both.

All the framework for this already exists... it just needs this option to become a lot more flexible and versatile.  

Edited by RDS Casa