display screen gets messed up

I am new to VW and have the newest version. I have been trying to create rectangles (creating a door frame and walls) and as soon as I try to create a second rectangle on the page the display starts going crazy and is unworkable. Do I need to download VW again or is it a settings issue?  Any help very much appreciated today if poss!

IMG_0151.JPG

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 minutes ago, Fikapausr said:

I have the same issue as Bryony. 

Here is my DxDiag file

DxDiag.txt

It looks like your laptop is using your integrated Intel card rather than the appropriate dedicated GPU. We don't have an article for AMD graphics since the user interface changes card to card, but these are the general steps:

1. Open the AMD "Control Center" (Might be called Catalyst, or Crimson, or Radeon Settings)
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance AMD processor.

If you can't seem to find any settings like that, HP may have steps for doing so for your particular model.