Vectorworks Freezing on my second monitor

Jimmy._.Jack

Question

I have been having issues with starting Vectorworks on my second monitor and occasionally on my primary screen. It will open then freeze and then I have to force close it. from all i have read it is something to do with configuring Vectorworks with my dedicated graphics card. I have an AMD Radeon RX 580 series with Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor. Is there a link to a walk-through or can anyone help?

5 answers to this question

On 10/20/2018 at 2:57 AM, Jim Wilson said:

Reply back with the following and I can usually confirm whats going on:

It very often is an issue with integrated and dedicated graphics settings as you suspect, but the way to correct it is specific to the card sometimes.

did you by any chance get a chance to have a look at what might be going on here?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
11 hours ago, Jimmy._.Jack said:

did you by any chance get a chance to have a look at what might be going on here?

Apologies, I missed your reply.

Your graphics card seems to be properly configured and handling both monitors, and your drivers up to date. Did this problem always happen with Vectorworks or did it start recently? Did it start soon after you started to use two displays? Are you using Vectorworks 2015 SP5, or a later version?