Label legend symbol problem VW2019 SP1

Oliver Hauser

Question

9 answers to this question

I just opened your file. I found a locus where the symbol should be. I tried to swap it out with a symbol from the "edit fields" section of the LL manager and of course it worked fine!! You are not the first person to discover this though. There is definitely an anomaly with these that I hope will be looked at. I ran into the problem pretty soon after downloading vwx 2019 as I was keen to see the 3D label legend improvements which are really welcome and do work beautifully.

The obvious workaround is to go to the label legend symbol and add it yourself. Back in the mists of forum activity, I seem to remember a discussion with @klinzeyabout the need for the base symbol to be a 3D lighting Instrument symbol or at least have a 3D component that matched the 2D. This is because apparently the legend used to respond to the 3D component as well as the 2D. I am not sure that is the case anymore, unless, of course you are going to use the 3D components as well. However, I have always stuck with that rule just in case.

Edited by markdd