dt25

Student license expired error

Question

Hello all

I'm a student using Vectorworks for the first time.

I have downloaded from the Student Portal and used the serial number provided. This worked for a few weeks, however now, whenever I launch Vectorworks it asks me to activate and then says 'Vectorworks cannot be activated because your software license has expired.' The program then closes.

I have uploaded my student ID again on my account last week, however the issue has still not changed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software too, but still no change.

Could anyone suggest how to fix this problem?

Any assistance would be great!

Thanks!

22 answers to this question

You should now be good to go, let me know if it gives you any further trouble.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kpbyrnes said:

@Jim Wilson  I'm having the same issue.  Would you be able to assist, please?  Thanks!

You should now be good to go as well!

Hi! @Jim Wilson

Having the same issue and need to renew my student license!

Where do I go to request for an extension on my software? 

Thanks

Edited by Sarah Akhurst

10 hours ago, Sarah Akhurst said:

Hi! @Jim Wilson

Having the same issue and need to renew my student license!

Where do I go to request for an extension on my software? 

Thanks

You should be able to go to https://student.myvectorworks.net, log in with the same email and then on the left you should see an option to manage products or licenses (apologies, some of the portals may be worded a little differently depending on where you are) and you can request it through there. Let me know when you've done so and I can approve it if you're in a rush.

My license is about to expire and I was just wondering how long renewal usually takes?

I updated info a few days ago but as yet have not heard anything back or had license renewed

Any help would be much appreciated

1 hour ago, BrianD17 said:

My license is about to expire and I was just wondering how long renewal usually takes?

I updated info a few days ago but as yet have not heard anything back or had license renewed

Any help would be much appreciated

Everything looks in order, you should now be approved and good for another 13 months.

Hello, I have the same problem as everyone here - I updated my account with my student ID yesterday and the licence is not yet renewed. Help would be much appreciated because I am currently working on a project. Thank you!

I'm getting a message that asks me to activate my student license.  I've asked for an extension and downloaded VWX but without success.  image.thumb.png.8c31cb097689fed51de5047bd1ff2e28.png

Hi! @Jim Wilson

I am trying to extend my licence for VW 2012. I have uploaded my new student ID, reinstalled the software, entered the new licence number, but am still being told that the licence has expired. 

Can you help please? 

Many thanks, 

Philip. 

I am having the same issue listed above, is anyone able to help ASAP? 

@Jim Wilson

Thanks!

Edited by EdB-d

Hi, 

My license expired a few weeks ago and I only just updated my info about two days ago,

I was wondering how long it usually takes

Thanks

Hi all,

I am a current undergrad student and I downloaded the educational version of Vectorworks. The program ran with no problem for a few months but now when I state the program it says I need to activate my account. I click activate then another window pops up saying that my license is expired.

However, my account online states that my serial number is new and active. I have already uploaded proof of enrollment. I'm not sure what to do!

Please help.

@Jim Wilson Hi Jim! I am having the same issue as the above users, I was just wondering if you would be able to assist me?

Thanks!
Aoife

I am trying to approve my student account and I am being sent round in circles of operations. Attached is my student card, can you help me validate my student account?

I have extended my license. how long does this take as I need Vectorworks today.

thanks 

Anyone encountering issues, please feel free to reply to this thread.

We won't be publicly replying unless new information is needed, but we will either be handling your issue directly in the background or contacting your local distributors so that they can do so if you post here.

5 hours ago, Jim Wilson said:

Anyone encountering issues, please feel free to reply to this thread.

We won't be publicly replying unless new information is needed, but we will either be handling your issue directly in the background or contacting your local distributors so that they can do so if you post here.

How do you want us to post...do you mean via e mail?  What do we need to do?

Nope, I just meant what you posted is already fine and your case is being handled right now.