imported dxf files vanish when rendered

New user. I've downloaded and imported some dxf files from CADsymbols.com They import OK, but when I try to look at them with applied textures, I get a blank page. I've tried ungrouping, converting to polys, copying into a new document, but I still get a blank pagr when rendered. Any help would be appreciated.

[ 12-21-2004, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Jeff A.R. Jones ]

There isn't much difference between dxf and dwg. Dwg is native to autocad, and dxf is the industry standard file format.

When you say you look at them with applied textures, do you mean that you've selected objects and applied textures to them via the OIP and then render but see nothing?

Is "nothing" just a dark gray blob, or is the screen all white, etc.

Please be as specific to the issue at hand as possible.

I have selected the chair (which imported with a locus point 30,000 feet away; I ungrouped it from that) and attempted to apply a wood varnish texture via the OIP. When I select OpenGL render mode, the screen becomes all white. I try clicking the button that lets me see everything that is currently selected, but nothing seems to change; it does not zoom to an object.

Thanks for your assistance.