Converting 2018 to 2019 files.

Sade

Question

So, I'm relatively new to Vectorworks(I recently started learning it for uni), on the computers at uni it's the 2018 version, while at home I downloaded the 2019 version. When i tried to open the file it said it was going to be 'converted and opened' to the 2019 version and be renamed but when I looked for it on my computer I couldn't find it. Is there any way to convert it elsewhere and to stop this happening(I've heard about something called Batch but I'm unsure as it looks complicated)

4 answers to this question

Not sure exactly what you want but if you only have 2019 at home then to work on any school files at home you'll need to convert them.

As you say, when you open them in 2019 it will tell you that it will have to convert and rename. It actually doesn't save it at that point however. You need to hit save and then you get to rename yourself to any location you like. The orig 2018 file will still be there too, unchanged.