How do I revert to VW2019 SP-zero?

Kaare Baekgaard

Question

14 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Close Vectorworks, then launch the Vectorworks 2019 Updater application (it should be in the regular Vectorworks 2019 application folder) and then click Advanced Options. Hold the Alt/Option key down while this dropdown menu is open, and you should see a selection for Change Version. From there you should be able to select SP0.

• Like 2

On SP-1 I am patiently waiting for an incredibly simple viewport to shift from unshaded polygon back to wireframe, and it's been  minutes already. When that has completed, I will shut down 2019, as it's wasted another few hours of my life and my client's money. When I see steady user reports here that it's stable, I'll move forward with it.

SP-1: Not better.

2018 SP-latest: 

• the viewport from wireframe to unshaded poly: 1:22 mins

• the viewport from unshaded poly to wireframe: under ten seconds, as expected

Edited by mjm
more data added
1 hour ago, mjm said:

On SP-1 I am patiently waiting for an incredibly simple viewport to shift from unshaded polygon back to wireframe, and it's been  minutes already. When that has completed, I will shut down 2019, as it's wasted another few hours of my life and my client's money. When I see steady user reports here that it's stable, I'll move forward with it.

SP-1: Not better.

2018 SP-latest: 

• the viewport from wireframe to unshaded poly: 1:22 mins

• the viewport from unshaded poly to wireframe: under ten seconds, as expected

What system are you running it on? It looks like your forum signature hasn't been updated in a while. Overall VW2019 has been fairly stable for me (both SP0 and SP1). I'm running the same laptop as in your signature.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
26 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

What system are you running it on? It looks like your forum signature hasn't been updated in a while. Overall VW2019 has been fairly stable for me (both SP0 and SP1). I'm running the same laptop as in your signature.

Kevin

Thanks for your question Kevin. System is the same as in sig except I am now on High Sierra 10.13.6

2019 Sp01 seems to run reasonably for 30 - 60 mins, then bogs down. I don't have time for that. I can make a cup of coffee from scratch before many types of operations complete. Not productive. 

2018 SP-latest runs reasonably smoothly from start till end of work day.

image.png

Edited by mjm
added revised Machine info

This morning I found an email from a highly placed Vexctorworks executive, asking for input about my specific issues  as described in my posts above. He asked for documentation on the workflow causing my issues. Instead of doing work-for-pay, as scheduled this morning I spent an hour or so recreating the scenario. While the 2019 Hidden Line render performed more predictably today, I encountered the dreaded 0:03 second black render, which was followed by the funny render shown below when I set the bounces to sixteen from four. The same file, down converted to 2018 with same render settings  is shown in second render.

I closed my reply to said exec thusly:

"I hope you find this information of some use in solving the issues in this release. Please do know that, really and truly, I value reliability far more than new tricks. 

Trix are for kids.

I eat oatmeal."

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 11.59.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 1.11.17 PM.png

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Overall VW2019 has been fairly stable for me (both SP0 and SP1).

I may have spoken too soon.

19 hours ago, mjm said:

2019 Sp01 seems to run reasonably for 30 - 60 mins, then bogs down.

^ I'm having this issue now too with VW2018 file that was brought forward into VW2019. There's significant delays for simple operations. Restarting VW solves it for a little while and then it bogs down again.

Kevin

1 minute ago, Kevin McAllister said:

I may have spoken too soon.

^ I'm having this issue now too with VW2018 file that was brought forward into VW2019. There's significant delays for simple operations. Restarting VW solves it for a little while and then it bogs down again.

Kevin

Kevin, I am truly sorry for your troubles. I have used VW all these years because it has relatively reliably assisted me in creating the vision my clients keep coming back for. When I create something in VW for client review, I can comfortably say:"What you see is what you get." To get to that place lately has been terminally frustrating. I have hope VW sees this situation for what it is: an opportunity to make good a pretty big mistake, and to do so.