Library update hangs then does not work.... plus crashing on mouse zoom

Stu Wilson

Question

Very briefly I'm running VW17 sp5..... 

Sent me email asking to upgrade... didn't take up the offer then this starts to happen:

1. Library vanishes and can't download or update the library as it hangs for ever snd you have to force quit...
  2. Zoom in our out and to crashes....

They are not being helpful saying we need to buy a service pack yet the i had an engineer take over my screen for 3 hours and could find the fault!!

Clearly its not fit for purpose outside a years warranty.... don't the UK have a mandatory 5 year guarantee under sales of goods act or has this changed!!

Any ideas on points 1 and 2 would be appreciated.

SW

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
20 minutes ago, Stu Wilson said:

Very briefly I'm running VW17 sp5..... 

Sent me email asking to upgrade... didn't take up the offer then this starts to happen:

1. Library vanishes and can't download or update the library as it hangs for ever snd you have to force quit...
  2. Zoom in our out and to crashes....

They are not being helpful saying we need to buy a service pack yet the i had an engineer take over my screen for 3 hours and could find the fault!!

Clearly its not fit for purpose outside a years warranty.... don't the UK have a mandatory 5 year guarantee under sales of goods act or has this changed!!

Any ideas on points 1 and 2 would be appreciated.

SW

Hi Stuart

I received your email earlier and have responded, as well as passed this to our tech support team. I also requested some process profile information from you, and when we receive that, we will be able to diagnose the problem further.

At no point have I asked you to pay for anything.