BUG: Page Based Symbols with Navigation Graphics

John Meunier

Question

I believe this should be considered a bug, or at min. not desirable behaviour.

Page based symbols do not display correctly when Navigation Graphics is set to Best Compatibility. 

This may be is a result of my graphics card, but certain things should always show.

- Create a page based symbol

- when inserted into a section viewport it scales down based on the scale of the viewport it seems.

- when a crop is applied to a viewport the symbol increases in size?

If you print a PDF it displays correctly.

Page Based Symbol.vwx

Best Performance.png

Best Compatibility.png

Edited by John Meunier

1 answer to this question

I am having the same issue with page-based symbols in viewports when using VW2019. The page-based symbols work properly when the 'Navigation Graphics' setting is set to  'Good Performance and Compatibility'. When that is changed to 'Best Performance' the page-based symbols seem to be scaled down inside the viewport. In the image below the page-based symbol should be the same size on the sheet and in the viewport, but in the viewport you can see it super small just above the 'T' in 'test'. 

2083625886_page-basedsymbol-scaleddown.thumb.png.61a5ac0699c68bf66d3f511b6377448c.png

The page-based symbols on the sheet super scale up when you work in annotation space. In the images below, the grayed out text and line are the page-based symbol on the sheet.

505817355_page-basedsymbolissues2.thumb.png.08cbbaa990343a3bdf7574a40578395b.png

1288273199_page-basedsymbolissues3.thumb.png.39771dc7312597d00dd690a53b482356.png

Has this been fixed in the service pack 1? Our updates keep failing for that as well.