Changing Titleblocks : ONE MINUTE per sheet

Amorphous - Julian

Question

We recently updated our titleblock layout.

But funnily enough, when we update the layout, the titleblocks using that 'style' does not automatically update on the sheet. 

We have to turn it into 'Unstyle' and then reapply the 'Style'.

Having the 'Style' re-applied to a titleblock take over one minute per sheet. We have over 300 sheets in this drawing (that's 5 hours of someone's time just changing titleblocks, and we can't charge our Client for 'slow Vectorworks operation'). 

Video evidence enclosed.

Will the Vectorworks Genies please come help?

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Amorphous said:

We recently updated our titleblock layout.

But funnily enough, when we update the layout, the titleblocks using that 'style' does not automatically update on the sheet. 

We have to turn it into 'Unstyle' and then reapply the 'Style'.

Having the 'Style' re-applied to a titleblock take over one minute per sheet. We have over 300 sheets in this drawing (that's 5 hours of someone's time just changing titleblocks, and we can't charge our Client for 'slow Vectorworks operation'). 

Video evidence enclosed.

Wow, that's a slow operation (and a lot of sheets).

I've found even when double clicking to open the dialog to edit sheet data is way slower in VW2019. Some optimization is certainly needed.

Your 300 sheet file is a real world example that could be used for beta testing.

Kevin

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Amorphous,

I see 2 issues here:

The first is that changing the layout of a styled TBB does not apply to all objects using that style. Could you make a screen recording about that or send me a test file with which to reproduce it?

The second issue is the slow replacing of the TBB style. Could you send me a test file for it too, so that I could analyze the problem?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1

Hi Nikolay. Thanks for looking into this. I was surprised that you couldn't replicate the problem so I wondered if it was a 2018 vs 2019 issue (we are still on 2018 due to our fear of bugs)

I did a test on 2019 and indeed the problem was no-more. But I am presented with another problem- upon changing back to another titleblock VW crashes. 

NB I'm on 2019 SP0 because SP1 is not available for my region yet.