Service Packs as a Download

Jim Smith

Question

8 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

On the mac side from SP1 onward and on the Windows side from SP2 onward, there will no longer a single downloadable file. The files are selected and pulled individually based on your location and license from our servers to your installation. 

This is the base work for hopefully the eventual shrinking of update size and increasing update frequency in the future.

• Like 1
On 10/11/2018 at 2:21 AM, Jim Wilson said:

On the mac side from SP1 onward and on the Windows side from SP2 onward, there will no longer a single downloadable file. The files are selected and pulled individually based on your location and license from our servers to your installation. 

This is the base work for hopefully the eventual shrinking of update size and increasing update frequency in the future.

Will that require each machine in the office to download directly or is single download still able to be applied to all?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 10/14/2018 at 11:26 PM, Matt Overton said:

Will that require each machine in the office to download directly or is single download still able to be applied to all?

For setups where you need to conserve bandwidth, I believe there is a single file that can be sent once and then distributed to the other desktops for the offline update process, however you should check with tech@vectorworks.net for details, I don't know how we  plan to handle requesting/sending that out.

Maybe the page at 'https://www.vectorworks.net/support/downloads/product-updates' should be updated with this information, since right now it just shows a completely blank page for any updates for VW2019.

And like others have commented, while I appreciate that the 'new' update system may help reduce the size of the downloads, it would really be great if the 'old' all-in-one service pack was also still available for download. I don't have the greatest internet access at home, where I use VW on a PC, but when I travel somewhere with my Mac laptop that has fast and free internet, I download the service packs for both OS's. Also handy to have the service packs already downloaded for when I need to re-install it....