Jump to content
  • 1
Jim Smith

Service Packs as a Download

Question

Can the link to Service Packs be added to the Download area of in the Service Select? Only seems logical.

Share this post


Link to post

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

On the mac side from SP1 onward and on the Windows side from SP2 onward, there will no longer a single downloadable file. The files are selected and pulled individually based on your location and license from our servers to your installation. 

This is the base work for hopefully the eventual shrinking of update size and increasing update frequency in the future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 10/11/2018 at 2:21 AM, Jim Wilson said:

On the mac side from SP1 onward and on the Windows side from SP2 onward, there will no longer a single downloadable file. The files are selected and pulled individually based on your location and license from our servers to your installation. 

This is the base work for hopefully the eventual shrinking of update size and increasing update frequency in the future.

Will that require each machine in the office to download directly or is single download still able to be applied to all?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 10/14/2018 at 11:26 PM, Matt Overton said:

Will that require each machine in the office to download directly or is single download still able to be applied to all?

 

For setups where you need to conserve bandwidth, I believe there is a single file that can be sent once and then distributed to the other desktops for the offline update process, however you should check with tech@vectorworks.net for details, I don't know how we  plan to handle requesting/sending that out.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Maybe the page at 'https://www.vectorworks.net/support/downloads/product-updates' should be updated with this information, since right now it just shows a completely blank page for any updates for VW2019.

 

And like others have commented, while I appreciate that the 'new' update system may help reduce the size of the downloads, it would really be great if the 'old' all-in-one service pack was also still available for download. I don't have the greatest internet access at home, where I use VW on a PC, but when I travel somewhere with my Mac laptop that has fast and free internet, I download the service packs for both OS's. Also handy to have the service packs already downloaded for when I need to re-install it....

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

so - as i am having trouble with sp2, how can i go back to sp1.1?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
16 minutes ago, bjoerka said:

so - as i am having trouble with sp2, how can i go back to sp1.1?

 

In 2019 you can revert to previous SP with help of the Updater.

 

See that post: 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×